Veterinary Cardiologist, DVM - Toronto Veterinary Emergency Hospital
- VCA Canada
- Scarborough, Ontario (CA)
- To be negotiated based on experience; competitive/bonus
- Closing date
- Jun 17, 2023
- Practice Area
- Position Type
- Veterinary Internist / Specialist, Board-Certified
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Organization Type
- Veterinary Hospitals / Corporate
Toronto Veterinary Emergency Hospital (TVEH) is welcoming a Board-certified Cardiologist (permanent, full-time) to join our specialty health care team.
At TVEH, our Cardiology department is a busy and growing service that works closely with both the ER and specialty services. The specialty team currently includes a board-certified radiologist, neurologist, oncologist, oromaxillofacial surgeon, dermatologist, ophthalmologist, three surgeons, two internal medicine specialists, board-certified practitioner, a criticalist and a part time Cardiologist. We have a full complement of on-site diagnostic imaging equipment includes a Canon digital radiography suite, Philips Affiniti 70 ultrasound unit, OEC 9800 Plus fluoroscopy unit, Toshiba Aquilion 16 Slice CT, and Symphony 1.5T MRI suite.
The ideal candidate must possess a positive personality, strong communication skills, and enjoy interacting with other specialists and emergency doctors. The candidate’s responsibilities will include further advancement of the cardiology department and provide mentoring, training and CE for interns, students and support staff. The candidate should attend CE to remain current in new procedures/treatment options and must participate in daily cage side rounds. The candidate will be required to participate in some evening and weekend call. The candidate is expected to build strong relationships with clients, referring Veterinarians, staff and the community.
As our ideal candidate, you have:
- A valid DVM degree or equivalent, enabling practice in Canada
- Candidates must be board-certified (Cardiology)
- License in Alberta or eligibility to be licensed
- Strong leadership skills combined with a positive team player attitude to enable our teams to flourish
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Exemplary customer service that builds loyalty and trust with your clients
- Strong organizational skills which allow you to stay focused and work under pressure
- Language of work: English
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- Generous compensation and sign-on bonuses
- RRSP 5% Employer Group Match Program!
- Comprehensive educational resources in our e-university
- Continuing education benefits - we know you love to learn!
- Career and leadership opportunities
- Opportunities to continue your career path; medical director, medical advisory board, special projects, and other leadership roles
- Relocation assistance; Immigration support
- Licensing, membership dues, and conference fees
- Referral bonus rewards
We care about your well-being and invest in resources for our associates:
- Flexible scheduling to support a healthy work-life balance
- Paid wellness days
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (telemedicine) offering quick access to quality care
- Professional liability insurance coverage
- Opportunities to give back in your community through VCA Canada initiatives
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or click Apply Now!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert