Medical Oncologist - Animal Referral Hospital Canberra
- Greencross Vets
- Canberra, Australian Capital Territory (AU)
- Excellent remuneration, benefits and visa + relocation support
- Closing date
- Jun 18, 2023
- Practice Area
- Small Animal, Oncology
- Position Type
- Veterinary Internist / Specialist
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Organization Type
- Veterinary Hospitals / Corporate
- Brand new purpose-built state-of-the-art facilities and equipment
- Generous salary + relocation and Australian visa support
- Flexible work arrangements including a 4-day working week
ARH Canberra is an around the clock service to the community for their beloved pets. We offer referral services Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm and emergency care all other hours. The referral service is comprised of specialist surgeons including orthopaedic and soft tissue, a Medicine specialist and an oncology registrar. The team is supported by Residents, Interns and highly qualified vet nurses. We pride ourselves on high quality around the clock care by our highly trained team. The facility has 3 surgical theatres, treatment areas, CT, 1.5T MRI, DX radiography, ultrasound room endoscopy room etc. The expansion of services has led ARH Canberra to building a new purpose built 1100 square meter (approx. 12,000 square foot) hospital which opened in late 2021.
This opportunity is open to a residency-trained or board-certified Oncologist who is eligible for registration as a specialist veterinarian in the ACT.
The Oncologist will work alongside other board-certified specialists in internal medicine and surgery (European and American-trained).
What’s Important to You
This position offers an opportunity to work with some of the best clinicians in their field, in a professional and challenging yet enjoyable workplace. In addition to this, we offer:
- A generous salary commensurate with experience
- A 4-day work week allows you to enjoy a fantastic work-life balance
- Relocation allowance + Australian Visa support
- Leave entitlements - 4 weeks annual leave, personal/sick leave and carers leave
- Continuing Professional Education opportunities
- 6 weeks paid parental leave and flexible return to work programs
- Free access to confidential Employee Assistance Program LifeWorks 24/7
- Petbarn and Greencross discounts
Canberra is consistently ranked as one of the world’s most liveable cities and offers a fantastic quality of life. The city is a progressive, vibrant and beautiful place to live with an abundance of accessible outdoor and natural spaces, a safe environment and an outstanding education system. Conveniently located just two hours from snow fields and two hours to excellent surf beaches, Canberra offers a lifestyle that cannot be matched in any other Australian capital city.
Want to Join the ARH Canberra Team?
To apply or for more information contact Melissa Bicanic, Talent Business Partner on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Greencross Pet Wellness Company is the largest provider of high quality integrated veterinary and pet services in Australia, with an extended network of General Practice clinics, state-of-the-art Emergency and Specialist hospitals and retail pet services. With our huge team of vets and specialists, Greencross provides the best mentoring and development opportunities in the country. We are proud to support our teams with our leading Continuing Education programs, flexible working arrangements and Paid Parental Leave. A career with us can take you anywhere, speak to our Talent Team to learn more.
Apply for Medical Oncologist - Animal Referral Hospital Canberra
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert