PETS Referral Center is looking for two compassionate, enthusiastic, and fun-loving internists to join our team of specialists in oncology, ophthalmology, surgery, radiology, hospice, and emergency. Enjoy a great reputation with our referral partners and a team of doctors, nurses, and management who focus on the practice culture as the driver for the delivery of care and service. Our team of experienced specialists and seasoned emergency doctors (24/7) work together to provide our patient clients collaborative care across specialties.
- Great clientele reflective of the educated and pet-centric community of the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Proven track record of a busy, satisfying caseload.
- Well supported by referring general practice partners.
- 24-hour emergency doctor coverage allowing specialists to focus on their own schedules and cases.
- Our highly skilled and cohesive nursing team will always have your back.
- High Staff Retention: Many of our staff have been with us 10+ years
- A unique opportunity to develop your ideal department.
- We also provide learning opportunities for veterinary students and Cal Berkeley pre-vets and periodically host veterinary student externs.
Requirements: Diplomate or Residency training in Small Animal Internal Medicine
Ability to obtain a CA state license
Compensation: Up to $150,000 sign-on bonus for qualified candidates based on experience. Ability to earn $300,000-$400,000 annually
- Choice of United Health Care or Kaiser insurance plan with three tiered options
- Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account options
- United Healthcare Dental Insurance; includes a 100% paid premium option for team members
- United Healthcare Vision Insurance options
- Long Term Disability options
- Short Term Disability paid for by employer
- Complimentary Life Insurance $25,000; with options to purchase additional voluntary benefits for self or family
- Company Sponsored Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401K with 100% company match up to 3% and 50% company match up to 5%, eligible after 6 months of employment
- Generous Continuing Education Program
- Progyny-Fertility and Family Building Support (up to $10,000)
- Paid PTO and Paid Holidays
- AVMA Professional Liability Insurance (PLIT) provided
- Reimbursement for: state Veterinary License / DEA License / CVMA Dues / AVMA Dues / VIN /Specialty Dues (if applicable)
- Master accounts with online publishers: Sage, Wiley, Elsevier
Our hospital is currently finishing with new renovations to ensure high level patient care with the addition of Computed Tomography (GE Optima* CT540) and other specialties. The location supports an amazing quality of life with easy access to both the city of San Francisco and a getaway to Napa Valley, Tahoe and the Sierras! Life is short. Work somewhere awesome!
We are a proud United Veterinary Care Partner hospital. United Veterinary Care supports the unique culture and individuality of each partner hospital while empowering the hospital teams in their care for patients. One of our goals is to support our community of hospitals in creating sustainable, fulfilling careers in a profession we love.