Central Victoria Veterinary Hospital in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada is welcoming a full-time, Board Certified Veterinary Internal Medicine Specialist to join our dedicated pet health care team.
Come work and play in one of the most beautiful cities in the world! Victoria enjoys the mildest climate of any city in Canada, and boasts the rugged, natural beauty of the Pacific coast.
Join us in providing state of the art veterinary care in our brand new 20,000 sq. Ft. facility. This hospital is well equipped with digital radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy, fluoroscopy, CT and MRI imaging, radiation therapy, on-site diagnostic laboratory, and advanced monitoring equipment.
Our Intensive Care Unit will enable us to provide patient support and pain and anesthesia case consultations for all internal cases, as well as critical case care on a referral basis. As part of the new facility, the West Coast Cancer Treatment Centre will utilize the latest innovations in veterinary diagnostics and treatment, including our LINAC for radiation therapy.
If you are seeking an opportunity to be a part of a new and growing referral hospital and would like to work with a dedicated and motivated team to bring this new vision to life on Vancouver Island, we would love to talk to you. As the first large Veterinary Referral Hospital on Vancouver Island, this is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of creating the principal center for veterinary care in Victoria and on Vancouver Island in general.
Currently, our team includes 24-hour emergency care, as well as specialists in Dermatology, Radiation and Surgical Oncology, Diagnostic Imaging, Critical Care, Neurology, Rehabilitation and Internal Medicine. We are seeking a second Internal Medicine Specialist to provide consistent and comprehensive patient and client care to our community.
Our hospital culture fosters teamwork and collaboration, enabling us to provide optimal patient care within a collegial work environment. As we grow our hospital and team, we strive to provide an exceptional service to our clients, referring veterinarians and our community.
VCA Canada offers a variety of opportunities for career growth and continuing education within our extensive network of hospitals. We are passionate about giving back through initiatives such as Paw it Forward and Pet Pantry. Additionally, we offer competitive wages, pet and veterinary discounts and group benefits for full-time staff.
As our ideal Candidate, you have:
- Completed a formal residency program in internal medicine and are either Board Certified or eligible to take the certifying examination in Internal Medicine.
- A valid Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, enabling practice in Canada
- A positive and collegial personality, strong communication skills, and enjoy interacting with other specialists and emergency doctors
- Excellent diagnostic skills and a passion for patient care
- Exemplary customer service that builds loyalty and trust with your clients
- Strong organizational skills which allow you to stay focused and work under pressure
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- Generous compensation and sign-on bonuses
- RRSP 5% Employer Group Match Program!
- Comprehensive educational resources in our e-university
- Continuing education benefits - we know you love to learn!
- Career and leadership opportunities
- Opportunities to continue your career path; medical director, medical advisory board, special projects, and other leadership roles
- Relocation assistance; Immigration support
- Licensing, membership dues, and conference fees
- Referral bonus rewards
We care about your well-being and invest in resources for our associates:
- Flexible scheduling to support a healthy work-life balance
- VCA Academy Mentorship Program for new/recent graduates or those new to primary care; a six-month personalized structured mentorship program with ongoing support!
- Paid wellness days
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (tele-medicine) offering quick access to quality care
- Professional liability insurance coverage
- Opportunities to give back in your community through VCA Canada initiatives
For more information about the position, please contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org