Internal Medicine Specialist, Toronto Canada
- VCA Canada
- Toronto (City), Ontario (CA)
- To be negotiated based on experience; competitive/bonus
- Closing date
- Jul 20, 2023
- Practice Area
- Small Animal
- Position Type
- Veterinary Internist / Specialist, Board-Certified
- Contract Type
- Full Time, Part Time
- Organization Type
- Veterinary Hospitals / Corporate
Toronto Veterinary Emergency Hospital is currently welcoming an Internist, to join our team of highly engaged and professional veterinary professionals. In this role, you will diagnose and manage diseases that affect the internal systems and organs. The successful candidate will understand the importance of collaborating with the pet owner and the support team to provide the best treatment possible to your patient. You are confident in operating various medical equipment and performing medical procedures related to small animal oncology and you pride yourself on providing expert patient care! Additional qualifications include;
- Board certified or eligible
- Veterinarian degree, DVM
- 1-year minimum performing small animal procedures related to internal medicine; kidney, liver, gastrointestinal tract, endocrine glands, lungs and bone marrow.
- Determining an appropriate course of treatment or therapies
- Managing chemotherapy side effects
- Genuine passion for veterinary medicine and our furry friends!
- Dedicated to promoting team-based medicine practices
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in working with your colleagues, pet parents and community
- A passion for coaching and mentoring
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- Generous compensation and sign-on bonuses
- RRSP 5% Employer Group Match Program!
- Comprehensive educational resources in our e-university
- Continuing education benefits - we know you love to learn!
- Career and leadership opportunities
- Opportunities to continue your career path; medical director, medical advisory board, special projects, and other leadership roles
- Relocation assistance; Immigration support
- Licensing, membership dues, and conference fees
- Referral bonus rewards
We care about your well-being and invest in resources for our associates:
- Flexible scheduling to support a healthy work-life balance
- VCA Academy Mentorship Program for new/recent graduates or those new to primary care; a six-month personalized structured mentorship program with ongoing support!
- Paid wellness days
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (telemedicine) offering quick access to quality care
- Professional liability insurance coverage
- Opportunities to give back to your community through VCA Canada initiatives
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or click Apply Now!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert