Veterinary Oncologist, Victoria BC Canada
- VCA Canada
- Victoria, British Columbia (CA)
- To be negotiated based on experience; competitive/bonus
- Closing date
- Jul 20, 2023
- Practice Area
- Small Animal
- Position Type
- Veterinary Internist / Specialist, Board-Certified
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Organization Type
- Veterinary Hospitals / Corporate
Central Victoria Veterinary Hospital in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, is welcoming a Board-certified Medical Oncologist (permanent, full-time) to join our Oncology Department and specialty health care team. We also welcome applicants who are nearing the completion of their residency training and waiting to complete board exams. Our hospital is growing rapidly, and we are in need of a second Oncologist to work alongside Dr. Genevieve Hammond, our Radiation Oncologist, in our new state-of-the-art facility. Candidates can expect to work with a great team of specialists and emergency veterinarians to provide our patients and clients with the best in veterinary medicine. About Us: Victoria - Oceanside city life! Beautiful year-round weather, laid-back, charming, adventure, rich heritage, and cultural city sprawl. The “Garden City” is one of the most beautiful cities in North America. As our ideal Candidate, you have:
- A valid veterinarian license allowing practice in Canada
- Experience in; soft tissue surgical procedures, preventative care, and offering nutritional advice.
- Dedicated to promoting team-based medicine practices
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in working with your colleagues, pet parents, and community
- A passion for coaching and mentoring students along their DVM journey
- An interest in attending conferences and networking with colleagues
- A love for all companion animals!!
- Generous compensation and sign-on bonuses
- RRSP 5% Employer Group Match Program!
- Comprehensive educational resources in our e-university
- Continuing education benefits - we know you love to learn!
- Career and leadership opportunities
- Opportunities to continue your career path; medical director, medical advisory board, special projects, and other leadership roles
- Relocation assistance; Immigration support
- Licensing, membership dues, and conference fees
- Referral bonus rewards
- Flexible scheduling to support a healthy work-life balance
- VCA Academy Mentorship Program for new/recent graduates or those new to primary care; a six-month personalized structured mentorship program with ongoing support!
- Paid wellness days
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (tele-medicine) offering quick access to quality care
- Professional liability insurance coverage
- Opportunities to give back in your community through VCA Canada initiative!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert