Small Animal Internal Medicine Specialist
- Veterinary Specialists Aotearoa
- Henderson, Auckland + Christchurch City. Multiple locations on offer
- Amazing renumeration to suit experience + benefits
- Closing date
- Jun 22, 2023
- Practice Area
- Small Animal
- Position Type
- Veterinary Internist / Specialist
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Organization Type
- Veterinary Hospitals / Corporate
Medicine is not a trade to be learned but a profession to be entered.
Veterinary Specialists Aotearoa (VSA) is a long-standing specialist veterinary business in New Zealand. We are a team of people dedicated to caring for injured and unwell animals. We follow a group of values that speak to our connection to animals; our internal collaboration and mutual support; our connection with the community: our guardianship of animals; and our desire to continue to do the best that we can. Everything we do is about delivering exceptional care - together.
VSA has three purpose-built veterinary hospitals in Auckland and Christchurch, New Zealand with specialists in surgery, diagnostic imaging, internal medicine, cardiology, and anaesthesia. We also have dedicated veterinarians in emergency and critical care medicine and a team of veterinary physiotherapists. Our veterinarians are supported by a cohort of outstanding dedicated veterinary nurses and support staff. We are now looking to expand our internal medicine service at our hospitals in Auckland and Christchurch.
This role is an integral part of our specialist referral veterinary services helping run our Internal Medicine department and working alongside our other specialist departments.
The position is for a permanent full-time Veterinary Internal Medicine specialist however, we would consider a shorter international secondment if that was preferred. All three of our hospitals are fully equipped to provide a high level of veterinary care with in-house CT scanning.
- Veterinary degree registerable with the Veterinary Council of New Zealand
- Residency training in Small Animal Internal Medicine
- Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, or
- Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, or
- Fellowship of Australia and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists (Internal Medicine)
- Completed internal medicine residency training credentials.
- Competitive salary package
- Generous CPD and associated travel
- Relocation support
- High-end facilities with state-of-the-art equipment
- Supportive clinical team leaders and senior management
- A team of highly experienced specialist clinicians
- Dynamic team environment
- Work alongside the owners, we are not a corporate!
We are entering a period of growth and are looking for the right people to strengthen our team and be a part of the fantastic opportunities on the horizon.
Apply for Small Animal Internal Medicine Specialist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert