Veterinary Medical Director
- Thrive Pet Healthcare
- Woodland Hills, California
- Guaranteed Base + Production - No Negative Accrual, Relo, PTO, Paid Parental & PURenatal Leave...
- Closing date
- Jun 2, 2023
- Practice Area
- Small Animal
- Position Type
- Veterinary Internist / Specialist, Board-Certified
- Contract Type
- Organization Type
- Veterinary Hospitals / Corporate, Private Practice
Are you an experienced Board Certified Specialist that's looking for a dynamic leadership role as Medical Director of one of the most advanced, inclusive, and progressive veterinary multi-specialty referral hospitals in California. ACCESS (Advanced Critical Care and Emergency Specialty Service) - San Fernando Valley is looking for a Medical Director to join their team in the SoCal area!
Our Values + Our People: We're different. Light on ego, heavy on collaboration - we genuinely enjoy working with one another! We encourage innovation within our medical care and management. We also value growth, advanced training and emphasize staying current with the best treatment options and techniques.
Our Practice: ACCESS, a network of multi-specialty practices located throughout the SoCal area, provides 24/7 ER and specialty care to the surrounding communities. Our departments have a busy and varied caseload with a high number of both referrals and emergency cases. Our specialties include critical care, cardiology, oncology, internal medicine, interventional radiology, endoscopy, surgery, orthopedic surgery with joint replacement center, nephrology with IHD, CRRT, Plasma Exchange and SCUF available, neurology, urology along with Avian + Exotic medicine. We also have a highly trained and skilled support staff who are dedicated to ensuring the success of our services.
To provide the best care possible, we stay apprised of new innovations, and utilize an extensive array of cutting-edge diagnostic, therapeutic, and monitoring equipment. These include a complete laboratory (CBC/Chemistry/ Siemens Rapid Point Blood Gas Analyzer/I-stat/SCA2000, SnapDx, VetTest, TEG), monitoring devices (Cardell Max 12/Telemetry/NIBP/Invasive BP/telemetry), digital radiography, color flow Doppler ultrasound (Toshiba Aplio, GE Logiq S7, P6, Sonoscape portable ultrasound GE Vivid Cardiac and Phillips CX50 cardiac ultrasound), OEC 9800 & 9900 fluoroscopy with neurovascular package, 64 slice helical CT, and 1.5T MRI. Each hospital is fully equipped with Pulmonetics or Maquet Servo critical care ventilators. We are also equipped with complete endoscopic, laparoscopic, and thoracoscopic instrumentation. We are always willing to expand in different directions and explore new therapies.
The role would ideally include a balance of clinical duties and off the floor time. We are open to flexibility and would love to discuss how to make the role a sustainable and enjoyable balance of clinical and administrative time!
ACCESS Specialty Animal Hospitals have joined forces with Thrive Pet Healthcare to support our clinicians while allowing our hospital to maintain our own individual culture and to practice medicine that makes sense for our clinicians and patients. Together as a team, our doctors decide how we practice and are welcome to develop and/or update our hospital's medical protocols.
The Medical Director is a working part of the team, and in this role, we seek:
- Excellent clinical abilities and 3+ years of experience in your field of specialty Compassionate individual, dedicated to high quality client and patient care Collaborative, solution oriented mindset Commitment to the core values and vision of the hospital High emotional intelligence and excellent communication skills
ACCESS Specialty Animal Hospitals are part of Thrive Pet Healthcare and proud to offer industry-leading support for our team members:
- Competitive compensation Relocation Assistance Package Health benefits (vision/dental/life insurance too) Generous paid parental leave Annual CE Stipend and more! 401k w/ employer match Annual Paid Time Off Additional family & furry care support options, including veterinary care discounts.
Compensation negotiable based on credentials and experience with an annual base salary range starting at $150,000 - $300,000 / year. The actual salary offered will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
You take great care of Animals. We take great care of YOU!
For more information about this exciting opportunity, contact Ember Hough at email@example.com and check us out at https://accessanimalhospitals.com/
We would love to speak with you!
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/xGoz7Of2AN271TVrDTxG5N
We are change agents for good who support people in doing what they love so, together, we can transform the veterinary industry and the world – for the better.
What makes us different:
- Leadership: Our team consists of some of the industry’s top clinicians and business people who have walked in your shoes.
- Support: Regional teams drive success and ensure local practices have the tools and resources they need.
- Initiative: As a member of our team, you'll be part of exciting growth and have the chance to make a greater impact.
Since 2003, Thrive Pet Healthcare has been committed to creating opportunities for veterinarians and veterinary professionals to pursue their passion. We provide practices with operational support, tools, and resources and take an active role in fueling their success.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert