Chief Medical Officer (CMO) Small Animal Specialty Referral & Emergency Services
- King Animal Hospital
- King City, Ontario (CA)
- Competitive Salary; Flexible Schedule, PTO, Benefits, Bonus, Benefits, Plus Plus Plus
- Closing date
- Jul 15, 2023
- Practice Area
- Small Animal
- Position Type
- Leadership / Executive
- Contract Type
- Full Time, Part Time
- Organization Type
- Private Practice
King Animal Hospital is seeking to welcome a highly skilled leader to be our Chief Medical Officer, (CMO) Small Animal Specialty Referral & Emergency Services to our team!
In this role, the CMO will provide strategic medical, ethical, operational, and cultural leadership of the small animal specialty referral and emergency services divisions.
Your leadership, medical, and operational expertise will help guide King Animal Hospital to success in achieving its goal of creating a special hospital centered on excellent medicine, compassionate patient care, a positive employee-focused wellness culture, and be positioned as a knowledge hub that shares knowledge and gives back to the community.
King Animal Hospital is a 60,000 sq ft. Small Animal & Equine Specialty Referral and Emergency Services Hospital is located on 50 acres in King City, Ontario. This hospital will never sell to a corporation.
This is the first phase of three phases in the hospital development. We are continuing to expand services and grow. Our first 60,000 sq ft phase will open this Fall 2023.
King Animal Hospital aspires to be:
- A hospital that is truly focused on compassionate patient-centered care and employee wellness. Committed to quality care and efficiency but will not be a production-focused organization. Serious about medicine. The hospital has been designed to human health care standards, and we have obtained excellent tools, equipment, and diagnostics to support our experienced and talented staff. A Knowledge Hub – that invests in training our own staff, sharing our clinical findings, hosting CE workshops, welcoming thought leaders to share their knowledge, and partnering with educational institutions. Giving back
Some of our diagnostics and equipment include:
3 T (GE) MRI, 1.5 (Siemens) MRI, 128 slice CT Scan, Standing CT Scan with Robotic arm, Ultrasound, Digital Radiography, Hyperbaric Chamber, Laser Therapy, Hydrotherapy Water Treadmills for equine and small animal,
6 OR, 16 treatment rooms, 2 X-ray rooms, 2 Comfort Rooms, Learning Centre, Indoor Equine Arena, MDRD room, Corporate Gym, Showers, Kitchens, and Lounge areas.
You will report to a CEO with an excellent reputation for innovation and developing positive corporate cultures. Additionally, our leadership team will be a strong support to you. The team includes a CMO, Equine Specialty Services., Emergency Services/Critical Care Lead, Controller, Head of Human Resources, Head of Marketing, Senior Manager of Facilities Services, IT Manager, Client Services Manager, and RVT Leads.
In this role, you will oversee and direct all staff in the specialty and emergency departments. The specialty departments will include Surgery, Neurology, Internal Medicine, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, Rehabilitation, Critical Care, Anesthesia and Analgesia.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction for the medical department. Develop and implement medical policies, protocols, and procedures to ensure the highest standard of care for all animals.
- Collaborate with all departments to optimize operational efficiency, patient flow, and client satisfaction. In collaboration with the Head of Human Resources oversee the recruitment, onboarding, and ongoing training to maintain a highly skilled and motivated team.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and professional development among veterinary staff. Stay updated with the latest advancements in veterinary medicine and ensure the incorporation of evidence-based practices.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of veterinary staff, providing regular feedback and implementing performance improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with the executive team to develop and execute strategic plans, budgets, and revenue generation strategies.
- Collaborate with other departments to optimize overall hospital operations and patient care.
- Develop and implement medical protocols and standards to ensure the delivery of high-quality veterinary care.
- Supervise and support the veterinary staff, including veterinarians, veterinary technicians, and support personnel.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements, including licensing, accreditation, and medical record-keeping.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and professional development among the veterinary team. Oversee the procurement and management of medical supplies, equipment, and pharmaceuticals. Oversee veterinary medical supplies, equipment, and pharmaceuticals, ensuring adequate inventory levels and adherence to safety protocols.
- Act as a liaison between the veterinary team and senior management, providing regular updates on medical operations and performance.
- Partner in designing and supporting a positive corporate culture that supports learning, growth, coaching and wellness of employees. Sharing knowledge and giving back to our communities with the purpose of improving animal welfare.
- Management of patients within own specialty service.
- Working with Client Services Manager Marketing Director and CEO and HR manages client complaints involving specialty services including interaction with the clients, record review, recommendations for corrective action if warranted, and coaching of involved parties.
Top of Form
What You Will Bring:
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) from an accredited institution. Our ideal candidate will be a Diplomate in good standing from a Speciality College. Valid license to practice veterinary medicine. Extensive experience as a practicing veterinarian, with a strong background in small animal medicine. Proven experience in a leadership or management role within a veterinary practice. Strong clinical skills and comprehensive knowledge of veterinary medicine Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with clients, staff, and stakeholders. Exceptional organizational and problem-solving abilities. Ability to lead and inspire a team, fostering a positive and collaborative work environment. Knowledge of current trends and advancements in veterinary medicine.
Apply for Chief Medical Officer (CMO) Small Animal Specialty Referral & Emergency Services
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert