DVM, Internal Medicine - Mississauga-Oakville Veterinary Emergency Hospital
- VCA Canada
- Oakville, Ontario (CA)
- To be negotiated based on experience; competitive/bonus
- Closing date
- Aug 15, 2023
- Practice Area
- Small Animal
- Position Type
- Veterinary Internist / Specialist
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Organization Type
- Veterinary Hospitals / Corporate
Mississauga Oakville Veterinary Emergency Hospital in Oakville, Ontario, Canada is welcoming a Board-certified or Residency Trained Internal Medicine Specialist to join our specialty healthcare team.
This permanent, part-time to full-time position consists of 2-4 days per week, with on-call responsibilities averaging one weekend a month and 1-1.25 evenings per week. The number of routine days scheduled per week is negotiable.
There is also the option to join our satellite clinic in Guelph, Ontario, and share time between the two hospitals. Our internal medicine-specific services include gastrointestinal endoscopy and colonoscopy, bronchoscopy, rhinoscopy, and both rigid and flexible cystoscopy; abdominal and thoracic ultrasonography, ultrasound-guided aspiration and biopsy; fluoroscopy; bone marrow aspiration and biopsy; and arthrocentesis. A full complement of on-site diagnostic imaging equipment includes 2 digital radiography suites, OEC 9900 Plus fluoroscopy unit, Toshiba Aquilion 64 Slice CT, and Symphony 1.5T MRI suite.
Mississauga Oakville Veterinary Emergency Hospital is a 24-hour emergency and referral specialty hospital, which operates out of a 21,000-square-foot facility. Opportunities for professional development include a generous CE allowance, teaching of 4th-year vet students, interns, and residents, providing CE to our referring veterinarians, and formal mentorship of interns.
Oakville is in the center of southwestern Ontario and part of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) close to numerous cultural activities and metropolitan centers but with ready access to lakes and rural living. Known for its vast multiculturalism and we have activities that appeal to all passions; trendy cuisine, theatre, live music, summer festivals and outdoor pursuits such as biking, hiking, boating, riding and so much more! There are several popular attractions in the area including the Niagara region with its wine and The Falls, the famous Bruce Trail (one of the longest and well-known hiking trails in North America) and immediate access to the Great Lakes waterway system.
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- Generous compensation and sign-on bonuses
- RRSP 5% Employer Group Match Program!
- Comprehensive educational resources in our e-university
- Continuing education benefits - we know you love to learn!
- Career and leadership opportunities
- Opportunities to continue your career path; medical director, medical advisory board, special projects, and other leadership roles
- Relocation assistance; Immigration support
- Licensing, membership dues, and conference fees
- Referral bonus rewards
We care about your well-being and invest in resources for our associates:
- Flexible scheduling to support a healthy work-life balance
- VCA Academy Mentorship Program for new/recent graduates or those new to primary care; Six-month personalized structured mentorship program with ongoing support!
- Paid wellness days
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (tele-medicine) offering quick access to quality care
- Professional liability insurance coverage
- Opportunities to give back in your community through VCA Canada initiatives
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or click Apply Now!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert