VCA West Coast Specialty & Emergency Animal Hospital , VCA's newest and most technologically advanced referral center in Southern California, is looking to add a board certified or residency trained Internist
to join our outstanding team of veterinary professionals.
We are a growing practice in a 26,000 sq foot state-of-the art location with specialists in internal medicine, surgery, neurology, emergency and critical care, diagnostic imaging, medical, surgical and radiation oncology, cardiology, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology. With a large and growing referral base, few veterinary referral centers have what VCA West Coast has to offer.
VCA West Coast currently sponsors a residency program in Internal Medicine and a specialty internship in Surgical Oncology. As such, we would ask any specialist coming on board to be a mentor in education.
To join our team, you need to embrace client service, be at the top of your game offering the highest quality of medical care, enjoy a fast pace, be willing to help grow the practice through community outreach and education and enjoy working with a team of professionals who are like minded.
VCA West Coast is located in Fountain Valley, CA, adjacent to Huntington Beach and the gorgeous Pacific Coast Highway, ten minutes from the beach. This is the classic example of Southern California living with blue skies, palm trees and postcard perfect days and nights. We boast some of the best schools in the state, some of the safest places to raise a family and an outstanding quality of life. Orange County is located an easy distance from many outdoor activities; you can surf in the morning and ski in the afternoon!
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a collaborative network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity, and strive to be a place where a talented mix of people want to come, stay, and do their best work.
Compensation is negotiable based on education, experience, and other relevant credentials. The annual salary range for this position is $120,000 to $300,000. This position may also be eligible for other variable pay programs.
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty
at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-891-9903.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com