Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care. We’re starting by radically improving the $90 billion pet food industry, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed mystery pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered over 300 million meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Manager for Veterinary and Scientific Communications is responsible for owning, developing and improving nutritional & medical content. They ensure our internal and external nutritional and medical communications are accurate, appropriate, timely, engaging and a value-add for lay audiences, pro audiences and internal teams. This person will oversee content development on all fronts and verify its medical accuracy.
How You'll Make An Impact
- You will be the go to in-house nutritional medical expert
- Create webinars, continuing education and additional presentation material
- Build out all medical algorithms, guidelines, and nutritional advice for our veterinary professional portal
- Work with R&D on studies and new products
- Work with our internal team to edit and design nutritional content for veterinary professionals
- Work with Customer Experience to help develop their training materials around nutrition
- Work with Engineering and other teams on any algorithms or required changes to our feeding structures
- Work with all customer facing content teams to ensure medical and nutritional accuracy on outbound content
We're Excited About You Because
- You have a DACVIM (Nutrition) certification or are residency-trained and eligible to sit for your DACVIM (Nutrition) boards
- You love to roll up your sleeves and dig into the details, but it’s also easy for you to pull up and look at the big picture.
- You’re a strong written communicator.
- You’re highly skilled in technical and storytelling writing.
- You like the idea of working with creative and digital teams to enhance professional and customer facing projects.
- You’re constantly staying up to date on new developments and veterinary research.
- You assume best intentions and never let feedback fester.
- You love fixing broken things and industries.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Relocation Assistance
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $120,000 - $135,000 USD.
Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.