Are you an experienced Specialty Veterinarian that's looking for a dynamic leadership role as Medical Director of a great community-based specialty hospital?
Join our collaborative team in providing clinical services and support to our community. We are a dynamic multi-specialty and 24/7 ER group looking for someone who shares our passion for delivering excellent medicine as well as developing and nurturing relationships with our veterinary community.
Pet Emergency & Specialty Center is home to an Internist, 2 Surgeons, a Criticalist, an Oncologist, a Radiologist, an Exotics Specialist, a Dermatologist on Campus, 10+ internship-trained Emergency doctors, as well as 8 rotating interns in our 24-hour facility in La Mesa, California, a suburb of San Diego. We also have a second 24-hour emergency hospital in Southern San Diego, approximately 25 minutes away, which transfers cases to the specialty services.
We work in a very friendly collaborative environment and enjoy a special camaraderie among doctors as well as with all our staff. Doctors are supported by a fantastic group of dedicated technicians, client care coordinators, and a management team with many years of veterinary medicine experience. Our philosophy promotes excellence in medicine and service to our clients and referring veterinarians.
We're fortunate to have...
- A busy location with appreciative clients
- An educated and compassionate support team, and
- Excellent benefits and growth opportunities
Pet Emergency & Specialty Center has joined forces with Thrive Pet Healthcare to support our clinicians while allowing our hospital to maintain our own individual culture and to practice medicine that makes sense for our clinicians and patients. Together as a team, our doctors decide how we practice and are welcome to develop and/or update our hospital's medical protocols.
The Medical Director is a working part of the team, and in this role, we seek:
- Excellent diagnostic capabilities
- Compassionate individual, dedicated to client and patient care
- Outstanding referring veterinarian communicator
- Partnership with the Practice Manager and Support Office on recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of veterinarians.
- Involvement in budgetary decisions regarding inventory, products, and staff labor
- Comfort with coaching, issuing performance improvement plans, and disciplinary action
- Collaboration with Regional Operations team and support initiatives and policies
- Scheduling for the doctor team and to assist leads with their team schedules if needed
- A person to plan & lead regular doctor team meetings
- Attendance in all operational meetings and workshops (some travel required)
- Commitment to core values and coaching of other team members as well
- High emotional intelligence and comfort delivering regular performance evaluations for doctors and leadership team
Pet Emergency & Specialty Center is part of Thrive Pet Healthcare and proud to offer industry-leading support for our team members:
- Competitive compensation
- Relocation Assistance Package
- Health benefits (vision/dental/life insurance too)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Annual CE Stipend and more!
- 401k w/ employer match
- Annual Paid Time Off
- Additional family & furry care support options, including veterinary care discounts.
Compensation negotiable based on credentials and experience with an annual salary range starting at $150,000 - $200,000 / year. The actual salary offered will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
The hospital is in a great location 20 minutes from San Diego beaches, 15 minutes from downtown, 15-30 minutes from great mountain hiking and horseback riding, and less than 2 hours from ski resorts. This is the heart of the Southern California lifestyle: no sport, hobby, or professional/personal interest is out of reach.
You take great care of Animals. We take great care of YOU!
For more information about this exciting opportunity, contact Ember Hough at email@example.com
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.