Immigration and relocation support!
Vancouver Animal Emergency and Referral Centre is welcoming a Board Certified Veterinary Neurologist to join our small animal specialty referral (surgery, medicine, neurology, ophthalmology) and 24-hour emergency practice in Vancouver, British Columbia. The ideal candidate must possess a positive and collegial personality, strong communication skills, and enjoy interacting with other specialists and emergency doctors.
As a member of VCA Canada, VAERC is a rapidly growing Emergency and Specialty Hospital with a robust Imaging Center (CT, MRI, C-Arm, and Radiography). VAERC has had a 4 decade presence in Vancouver and we moved to our state of the art facility in July 2016. Our 12500 square foot hospital is well equipped with the technology one would expect in a specialty practice. We are building an incredible team of people who are committed to the highest standards of patient and client care. We practice ethical and compassionate medicine and look forward to staff who enjoy working in a cooperative team.
About Our Ideal Candidate:
- You are a team player with excellent communication and leadership skills
- You would like to enjoy the quality of life the West Coast and the Coastal Mountains can provide.
- You have completed an Neurology residency and are qualified or will be qualified as a Diplomate of ACVIM (Neurology)
- You hold a valid DVM degree and can be licensed in the province of British Columbia
- Your client service skills are exceptional with clients and pets because you truly care
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- Generous compensation and sign-on bonuses
- RRSP 5% Employer Group Match Program!
- Comprehensive educational resources in our e-university
- Continuing education benefits - we know you love to learn!
- Career and leadership opportunities
- Opportunities to continue your career path; medical director, medical advisory board, special projects, and other leadership roles
- Relocation assistance; Immigration support
- Licensing, membership dues, and conference fees
- Referral bonus rewards
We care about your well-being and invest in resources for our associates:
- Flexible scheduling to support a healthy work-life balance
- VCA Academy Mentorship Program for new/recent graduates or those new to primary care; a six-month personalized structured mentorship program with ongoing support!
- Paid wellness days
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (tele-medicine) offering quick access to quality care
- Professional liability insurance coverage
- Opportunities to give back in your community through VCA Canada initiatives
Email: email@example.com for further information or click Apply Now!