An opportunity for a Small Animal Medicine Specialist to join a dedicated and friendly team at ARH Homebush on a full-time or fixed term basis!
- Locum/fixed-term opportunity available from August 2023 onwards with flexibility on timing and duration
- Generous salary + benefits package commensurate with experience
- Australian visa support from our dedicated migration agents and relocation allowance available
We are part of a large and long-established leading group of Specialist and Emergency Veterinary Hospitals located throughout Australia. We provide the highest quality specialist medical, surgical, oncology and diagnostic animal services including 24-hour emergency and critical care. We take pride in our dynamic environment and no day or night is ever the same.
About Your New Role
ARH has an exciting opportunity for a Small Animal Medicine Specialist to join our large multi-disciplinary and emergency hospital. Our specialists are supported by an expertly trained and highly experienced team of veterinary professionals and are expected to lead by example, sharing their knowledge and experience with others so we can grow together. We pride ourselves on high quality around the clock care by our highly trained team. At Homebush, we offer a healthy work environment with flexible work arrangements, mental health support and networking, collaboration and knowledge exchange throughout the ARH and Greencross group.
Team fit is very important to us, so we are looking for individuals who have excellent communication, organisation and time management skills and have a passion for outcomes, gold-standard patient care and excellent clinical service.
Why Choose Australia?
Australia is more than just kangaroos and beautiful beaches—it's a land of incredible opportunities and a lifestyle that offers the perfect blend of professional growth and personal fulfillment. Here are just a few reasons why relocating to Australia is an excellent choice:
- Work-Life Balance: Experience a better work-life balance with shorter work hours, generous vacation time, and the chance to explore Australia's breathtaking landscapes, from the Great Barrier Reef to the stunning Outback. A 4-day work week and 4 weeks of paid annual leave, 1 week study leave + personal/sick leave and carers leave each year allows you to rest, relax and recharge.
- World-Class Healthcare and Education: Australia boasts an exceptional healthcare system, providing high-quality medical care for its residents. Additionally, the country is home to renowned universities and educational institutions, offering excellent educational opportunities for individuals and families.
- Cultural Diversity: Immerse yourself in a vibrant and multicultural society that embraces diversity, offers exciting culinary experiences, and celebrates a rich tapestry of art, music, and festivals.
- High Standard of Living: Australia consistently ranks highly in terms of quality of life. With a robust healthcare system, top-notch education, clean environment, and low crime rates, Australia provides a safe and comfortable environment for everyone.
- Thriving Veterinary Community: Greencross Vets is the largest provider of high-quality integrated veterinary and pet services in Australia, with an extended network of General Practice clinics and state-of-the-art Emergency, Specialist and Referral hospitals. Join our thriving veterinary community, where professionals collaborate, learn from one another, and contribute to the advancement of veterinary medicine.
- Adventure and Travel Awaits: From exploring the rugged landscapes to discovering unique wildlife and engaging in adrenaline-pumping activities, Australia offers endless opportunities for adventure and exploration. Our geographical location makes Australia an ideal gateway for exploring the Asia-Pacific region.
We're seeking candidates who embody our core values of compassion, dedication, and a genuine love for animals. Here are the prerequisites for applying:
- A veterinary degree registerable in Australia with specialist qualifications (FANZCVS, ACVIM or ECVIM Board-certified)
- We are also keen to hear from Veterinarians who have finished residency programs
- Commitment to gold standard patient care and a “fear-free” approach to patient handling
- The confidence and initiative to work autonomously yet lean on your team as needed
If you're ready for a lifestyle change and an incredible veterinary career in Australia please get in touch with Melissa Bicanic, Talent Business Partner on firstname.lastname@example.org