MedVet Chicago - North Shore is seeking a hospitalist who will supervise the implementation of treatment plans prescribed by our surgeon and troubleshoot changes in patient condition overnight to provide continuous 24-hour doctor care of the hospitalized patients. At this time, we are not open to 24 hour walk-in emergencies, so our hospitalists' sole priority is the ICU. We believe the best candidates for this position are those with an interest in postoperative case management and input into the evolution of a rapidly growing hospital and future ER service. Our Hospitalist position offer flexible employment opportunities. Primary care practitioners with interest in specialty medicine will find a unique caseload and learning opportunity. Experienced emergency clinicians may find a few days of respite from ringing phones and 2:00 AM ear infections. This part-time opportunity will allow you to keep the best parts of your current employment while exploring new avenues. This is a unique opportunity for a small-animal veterinarian currently working in general or emergency practice and interested in working in specialty practice. Why MedVet?
- Founded in 1988, MedVet is one of the largest veterinarian-owned and led multispecialty and emer gency practices in the country . This allows us to offer every doctor the unique oppo rtunity to become a shareholder and build wealth through ownership.
- Our relatively singular focus is to be the leader in emergency and specialty healthcare for pets.
- Ded ication to our mission and core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion are the priorities of our organization.
Skills and Qualifications
- We strive to create an exceptional experience for patients, clients, referral partners and e ach other!
- Opportunities for advancement and leadership are available.
- MedVet offers a competitive compensation and full benefits package including a gene rous signing/relocation bonus, health , den tal, life, disability and vision insurance, uniform allowance , discounted personal petcare and a 401K with organization match.
- Discretionary funds for c ontinuing education and PLIT coverage are pro vided.
- MedVet's Clinical Studies Center offers exciting opportunities to lead collaborative initiatives with MedVet specialists and veterinarians worldwide.
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Ability to become licensed to practice in the state of Illinois.
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, diplomatic attitude.
- Clinical schedule is limited to Tuesday and Wednesday nights
- You will provide client and patient care in close collaboration with our board-certified surgeon of hospitalized patients.
For more information about MedVet, please visit our website at www.medvet .com
or to submit a confidential CV
, please email Erika Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come as you are! MedVet is an equal opportunity employer. We are ready to listen to your VOICE
and h elp you pursue your Passion .
We are also a drug-free organization, therefore employment with MedVet is dependent upon the passing of a drug screen and background check.
There are more positions listed at www.medvet.com/careers
. Moving somewhere we don't currently have a posting? We still want to hear from you!