The primary role of the Hospitalist is to provide consistent 24-hour doctor care for hospitalized patients that are not under the direct care of a specialty department. Responsibilities include oversight of all aspects of inpatient care, recovery and post-procedural care, and resuscitation of critically ill patients in the ICU. Additionally, the hospitalist is responsible for answering referral partner inquiries and updating clients with hospitalized pets. This is a unique opportunity for a small-animal veterinarian with extensive emergency and critical care in an emergency hospital setting. Strong communication and organizational skills, the ability to collaborate with all team members and the desire and ability to provide the highest level of patient care are essential to the success of a Hospitalist. Specific Responsibilities and Expectations
- Provide inpatient care for hospitalized patients with a wide range of medical problems and disease processes
- Assist in the triage process, intake, evaluation, and treatment of patients presented to the ER department
- Evaluate new ER cases and transfers from referral partners and coordinate care
- Communicate with clients and referral partners regarding patient status, diagnostic and treatment plans, invoice and estimate updates, and follow-up care
- Support specialty department inpatient care including post-procedure recovery and monitoring, medical record updating, and communication with clients and referral partners
- Act as a liaison between the ER department and referral partners by providing information and recommendations regarding intake through the ER department
- Engage in training of ER clinical service team members
- Assist the hospital leadership team in improving the triage process, the workflow in the ICU, and collaboration between departments to achieve the highest level of patient care
Shift-based compensation with the opportunity for production pay. Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Why join the team at MedVet Diley Hill?
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Three years of experience in an ER and/or ICU setting is preferred. Preference will be given to doctors that have critical care experience.
- The ability to become licensed to practice veterinary medicine in [State] as well as hold a DEA license.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Collaborative personality
- Desire to provide exceptional patient care in a fast-paced environment
Everything Starts with Our Caregivers
- MedVet Diley Hill is a 24/7 emergency hospital with an ER doctor and highly trained ICU nursing team on site at all times.
- We are AAHA accredited and a VECCS Level II Certified Facility.
- We have all the technology and equipment you need to provide exceptional care including a full-service IDEXX laboratory on site.
- Our ER doctors routinely perform soft-tissue emergency surgeries.
- In addition, we have 24-hour specialty consultation and referral available with MedVet Columbus to complete specialty care.
Why will you love living in Diley Hill?
- Our doctors are eligible to become shareholders - a rare opportunity to have ownership and share in the growth and success of MedVet & VEI hospitals across the country.
- We offer all the benefits you expect, plus a Generous Signing Bonus , Competitive Compensation , Shareholder Opportunity, Student Loan Repayment Program and Paid Parental Leave .
- Our passionate and dedicated team of doctors, certified technicians, assistants, and client service representatives is committed to being the best in the veterinary profession to give and receive care . Our collaboration, passion, and energy can be felt by everyone who enters our hospital doors.
- Our team members treat patients and clients like they are our own family, and we develop referral partner relationships built on trust, respect, communication, and empathy.
Located right outside the city of Columbus, Canal Winchester is a unique location offering the benefits of close proximity to a large city balanced by rest, relaxation, and small-town charm. It's also a short drive to Hocking Hills which offers numerous picturesque hikes. In nearby Columbus, the love for the Ohio State Buckeyes is well known, however, the city has much more to offer. Columbus is a top foodie hot spot, breweries are popping up everywhere, and it's a go-to destination for fashion and shopping. Columbus is an eclectic, modern city with comfortable suburbs, great schools, and an inclusive downtown and urban neighborhoods. For more information about MedVet, please visit our website at www.medvet.com
or to submit a confidential CV
, email Erika Allen at email@example.com
There are more positions listed at www.medvet.com/careers
. Moving somewhere we don't currently have a posting? We still want to hear from you! Come as you are.
MedVet is committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all team members. You can count on us to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all team members and applicants. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, training, and overall experience and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.