The primary role of the In-Patient Care Associate Veterinarian - (Hospitalist) is to provide consistent doctor care for hospitalized patients that are not under the direct care of a specialty department. Responsibilities include all aspects of inpatient care, communication with clients and referral partners, facilitation of in-house consultations and patient transfer from the ER department to specialty departments, and recovery and post-procedural care. Additionally, the In-Patient Care Associate Veterinarian - (Hospitalist) will assist with answering referral partner inquiries. This is a unique opportunity for a small-animal veterinarian with extensive emergency and critical care experience in a specialty hospital setting. Strong communication and organizational skills, the ability to collaborate with all team members across multiple departments, and the desire and ability to provide the highest level of patient care are essential to the success in this role. Specific Responsibilities and Expectations
- Provide inpatient care for hospitalized patients with a wide range of medical problems and disease processes that have not been and/or will not be transferred to a specialty department.
- Facilitate evaluation and/or transfer of hospitalized patients to specialty departments
- Assist in the triage process, intake, evaluation, and treatment of patients presented to the ER department
- Evaluate new ER cases and transfers from referral partners and coordinate care or transfer to a specialty service
- Communicate with clients and referral partners regarding patient status, diagnostic and treatment plans, invoice and estimate updates, and follow-up care
- Support specialty department inpatient care if there is not specialist on duty. This includes monitoring, medical record updating, and communication with clients and referral partners
- Act as a liaison between the ER department and referral partners by providing information and recommendations regarding intake through the ER department versus scheduling with a specialty department
- Engage in training of ER clinical service team members
- Assist the hospital leadership team in improving the triage process, the workflow in the ICU, and collaboration between departments to achieve the highest level of patient care
Shift-based compensation with the opportunity for production pay. Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Why join the team at MedVet Dallas?
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Previous experience in an ER and/or ICU setting. Preference will be given to doctors that have critical care experience and have worked in a multispecialty hospital.
- The ability to become licensed to practice veterinary medicine in [State] as well as hold a DEA license.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Collaborative personality
- Desire to provide exceptional patient care in a fast-paced environment
Everything Starts with Our Caregivers
- MedVet Dallas is a 24/7 emergency and multi-specialty hospital that is committed to a collaborative, team-focused approach to comprehensive care.
- We have a state-of-the-art facility with all the technology and equipment you need to provide exceptional care, including easy access to a veterinary reference lab with an on-site clinical pathologist.
Why will you love living in Dallas?
- Our doctors are eligible to become shareholders - a rare opportunity to have ownership and share in the growth and success of MedVet & VEI hospitals across the country.
- We offer all the benefits you expect, plus a Generous Signing Bonus , Competitive Compensation, Shareholder Opportunity, Student Loan Repayment Program and Paid Parental Leave.
- Our passionate and dedicated team of doctors, certified technicians, assistants, and client service representatives is committed to being the best in the veterinary profession to give and receive care. Our collaboration, passion, and energy can be felt by everyone who enters our hospital doors.
- Our team members treat patients and clients like they are our own family, and we develop referral partner relationships built on trust, respect, communication, and empathy.
Dallas is full of noteworthy attractions, a thriving arts district, award-winning cuisine, high-class shopping, parks, and more. Whether you're looking for a hip cafe, an awesome music venue, or an energetic sporting event, you can find it here. Dallas is home to the Cowboys, Stars, Mavericks, and Texas Rangers. Located in North Texas, the Dallas region is a hotbed of innovation with a strong business community anchored by nine Fortune 500 companies and 41 local colleges and universities. Home prices in the area are among the most affordable in the country and many neighborhoods offer great access to parks and outdoor activities. For more information about MedVet, please visit our website at www.medvet.com
or tosubmit a confidential CV
, email Erika Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are more positions listed at www.medvet.com/careers
. Moving somewhere we don't currently have a posting? We still want to hear from you! Come as you are.
MedVet is committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all team members. You can count on us to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all team members and applicants. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, training, and overall experience and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.