VCA West Los Angeles Animal Hospital
is excited to add a 5th Internal Medicine Specialist
to our team! Come join us at our state-of-the-art, 43,000 square foot facility where we focus on providing the utmost care, compassion and respect to our clients and patients in an atmosphere that promotes healing. We are proud of the positive culture in our practice, which results in easy collaboration between departments.
VCA West Los Angeles Animal Hospital is an AAHA-accredited referral center, primary care facility and teaching hospital with 24-hour emergency service. We have a staff of over 50 veterinarians with specialists in Internal Medicine, Surgery, Emergency/Critical Care, Neurology, Cardiology, Oncology, Radiology, Radiation Oncology, Ophthalmology, Dentistry, Zoo Medicine, Behavior and Rehabilitation/Integrative Medicine. We maintain a strong culture of teaching in our hospital, with a large class of rotating and specialty interns, as well as residents in multiple specialties.
Our amazing facility features 9 state-of-the-art surgery suites (including suites dedicated to Neurology, Orthopedic and minimally invasive Surgery), 19 examination rooms, 2 medical procedure rooms, 1.5 Tesla MRI, 128 slice CT, a Medical Oncology suite (including our bone marrow transplant center), a Radiation Oncology suite housing a new Trilogy Unit with Eclipse Software and a large Physical Therapy/Rehabilitation center.
Our hospital is located in beautiful west Los Angeles! You would be minutes away from wonderful hiking trails and beaches, and only an hour and a half from skiing or snowboarding in the mountains. As one of the largest, most dynamic, and most culturally diverse cities in the United States, Los Angeles and the surrounding areas are an amazing place to live and work. If you're thinking about relocating but don't know much about our lovely area, the L.A. experience is such that there are neighborhoods to fit any lifestyle, all in one place.
As a member of the VCA family, your love for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
- An innovative, new department focused on associate health and wellbeing, with programs such as company sponsored Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tools, and access to additional mental health resources.
- 401k retirement savings plan, with matching contributions of 25% of the first 4% of your eligible compensation
- Health, dental, vision insurance with HSA/FSA, infertility benefits
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance
- Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
- Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
- Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 6,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
At VCA we are committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity, and strive to be a place where a talented mix of people want to come, stay, and do their best work.
Compensation is negotiable based on education, experience, and other relevant credentials. The annual salary range for this position is $150,000 to $300,000. This position may also be eligible for other variable pay programs.
For more information about this position, please contact Rayna Faumuina, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty
at email@example.com or 760-891-9903.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com