If you are a current associate, you will need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital in Franklin, TN is proud to offer an Emergency Veterinarian training program called emERge. Through a highly structured 1:1 mentorship program, our emERge program helps you obtain the skills and the confidence that you need in order to be a successful Emergency Veterinarian at one of our state-of-the-art hospitals.
Have you always thought about practicing emergency veterinary medicine? Do you have a passion for working with animals and learning new standard methodologies in animal health? Are you eager to think on your feet and handle challenging cases in veterinary medicine? Do you look forward to learning and leading by example in the emergency veterinary industry? Are you a DVM or VMD looking for "the next step" or "a change"?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, we want to hear from you!
The BluePearl emERge Program is designed to give veterinary school graduates the necessary training to become successful Emergency Veterinarians. You are a full-time associate from the very beginning, and we will prepare you for your first solo emergency shift at one of our BluePearl hospitals. The program combines lectures, interactive seminars, labs, mentoring, and hands-on practice experience. Not only will you receive valuable training from experienced Veterinarians, you will also be paid a salary from the first day of your course.Who is it for?
- This program does not replace or substitute an internship which is required for application to a residency.
- A graduate of an accredited veterinary school
- Individual with a sincere interest in becoming an Emergency Veterinarian
- A current Veterinarian looking for a career change.
emERge is a one-year training program divided into three segments. Your salary will be tiered and increase as you complete each segment of the program.
- 16 weeks of initial training/boot camp. Four of these weeks will be spent in Clearwater, Florida (lodging & airfare are provided). The remaining 12 weeks will be at your primary hospital.
- 16 weeks of immersive training, guided by an experienced Veterinarian.
- 20 weeks of experiential training.
The total commitment is two years, including the initial year of training.Topics of the Training Program:
• Clinician leadership
• Principles of resuscitation and shock
• Principles of fluid therapy
• Gastrointestinal and urogenital emergencies
• Cardiac and pulmonary emergencies
• Communication techniques
• Neurologic emergencies
• Electrolyte disorders
• Immunologic and endocrine emergencies
• Compassion fatigue/burnout
• Stress resilience
• Surgical emergencies
Click here for a video outlining the program: BluePearl EmERgeWhy BluePearl?
BluePearl works to provide exceptional specialty and emergency care for pets by supporting each other through our shared passion, knowledge, and talents. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
To transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. And we value your health and well-being. Our associates are provided:
Why BluePearl? Because it is an exceptional place to work!
- Benefits -401k Retirement Savings Plan, Parental Leave plans, Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance plans; depending on individual elections and utilization of our benefits offerings, the average total value of benefits offered at BluePearl is $30,000.
- Flexible work schedules for work-life balance.
- DVM stipend - an annual stipend is provided to participate in continuing education, short courses, associated travel, and registration fees.
- We provide outstanding technician support. Because we encourage associate growth, you will be surrounded by a group of dedicated, experienced team members. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- Mars Veterinary Health and BluePearl are dedicated to making a better world for pets and the people who care for them. We believe that starts with equity, inclusion & diversity, and taking a holistic approach to supporting our 70,000+ Associates' health and wellbeing, particularly combatting inherent mental health challenges faced by veterinary professionals.
- On-Site Social Workers assist with stress management, mental health awareness, compassion fatigue, burnout, communication, and conflict management skills.
- LYRA - confidential care for your emotional and mental health, how, when, and where you need it. Whether you're feeling stressed, anxious, or depressed, support from Lyra. All associates regardless of benefit eligibility (includes full and part time) have access to 12 sessions at no cost to you. Relief associates are not eligible.
- BluePearl Library - clinicians can access more than 2,000 veterinary and health science journals.
- BluePearl Science - participate and learn from ongoing clinical studies happening at BluePearl.
- BluePearl University - our own built-in learning management system that houses resources for system training, continuing education, compliance, and personal development. Learning communities exist for all our training and mentorship programs.
- RECOVER CPR certifications - free continuing education and Basic and Advanced Life Support certifications are available.
- BluePearl Pet Care Discounts
- Additional Discounts including pet supplies, Royal Canin pet food, Mars candy products, cell phone discounts, car discounts.
- Company store allowance - annual allowance to purchase BluePearl swag and scrubs throughout the year.
- Plumb's Veterinary Drugs - readily find dosing information for the drugs you prescribe every day. Free for all Associates.
- VETgirl - Receive a 75% membership discount on the subscription-based multimedia service that offers RACE approved online continuing education for veterinary professionals. Veterinary students and veterinary technician students receive a free membership to VETgirl.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.