If you are a current associate, you will need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
BluePearl in Chesapeake, VA is seeking a full time Board Certified or residency-trained Surgeon to join our emergency and specialty hospital. A strong leader with excellent interpersonal skills and a willingness to actively grow the Surgery Service is desired. A collaborative work environment provides ample opportunities to work closely with the other specialists to provide high quality care to all patients. You will be working with a highly qualified, dedicated team of technicians and be part of an amazing team of specialists and excellent emergency doctors with many years of experience. We strive to provide the most up to date techniques to maintain "cutting edge" veterinary medicine. Our culture is team-oriented, fun and impactful.Up to $50,000 sign on bonus available for qualified clinicians!
We offer a collaborative work environment which provides ample opportunities to work closely with the other specialists to provide high quality care to all patients. You will be working with a highly qualified, dedicated team of technicians and be part of an amazing team of specialists and excellent emergency doctors. We strive to provide the most up to date techniques to maintain "cutting edge" veterinary medicine. Our culture is team-oriented, fun and impactful.
Our Blue Pearl Greenbrier hospital is located in Chesapeake, VA. The 10,000 square foot facility has been newly remodeled and is open 24 hours, 7 days a week, and offers a variety of services, including round-the-clock emergency medicine, soft tissue surgery, orthopedic surgery, internal medicine, oncology and dermatology. We offer a number of advanced treatment and diagnostic services, including a 16-slice CT scanner, I-131 therapy, ultrasound, video otoscopy, GI endoscopy, and digital radiography.
Our facility is located within 20 minutes of the Virginia Beach oceanfront as well as downtown Norfolk. Every year, Virginia Beach hosts the East Coast Surfing Championships as well as the North American Sand Soccer Championship. The lively boardwalk has plenty of restaurants, nightspots and amusement rides. Sport enthusiasts will find celebrated golf courses in the area, as well as sea kayaking, deep-sea fishing and miles of hiking trails. The City of Norfolk is home to the Norfolk Tides - the AAA team for the Baltimore Orioles, and the Norfolk Admirals - an ECHL professional hockey team. Not far from the facility, we have the Sandler Center for the Performing Arts where the Virginia Symphony Orchestra performs along with the Ballet Virginia International. The Museum of Contemporary Art is also within a few miles. The City of Norfolk offers both cultural and sporting events year round. Both the Chrysler Museum and the Chrysler Center are located within minutes of downtown.
Nearby attractions include Busch Gardens, Williamsburg and Water Country. Want to learn more about Chesapeake, VA? Click here: https://www.visitchesapeake.com/ Why BluePearl?
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food.
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, CareerTrax, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Annual company store allowance.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off, parental leave, and floating holiday plans.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer, and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. We are pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.