Live your best life as a cardiologist: where and how YOU choose!
CVCA Cardiac Care for Pets is growing! Our sustained growth is based on welcoming wonderful people and opening locations where they want to live and work. We are excited to bring our people-centered practice to new areas.
At CVCA, you can craft your career to be exactly what you want it to be, with flexibility to modify as your life and career interests change. You can practice interventional procedures, mentor interns and residents, participate in medical research, work part-time -- the possibilities are endless.
CVCA puts our people first, who collectively deliver world-class cardiac services. Be successful as a cardiologist, have fun, and enjoy an outstanding quality of life.
Here is our story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=H55xF3oHZQs
CVCA is expanding our cardiologist team to new markets throughout the U.S. We have opportunities to set up outstanding doctors in the following locations:
- Austin, Texas
- Leesburg, VA
- Orange County, CA
- Rockville, MD
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Boston, MA
- West Palm Beach, FL
- Remote opportunities available
- Wherever you want to be!
Don't see your desired location listed? We set up where our people want to go- reach out and let us know!
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Friendly, fun, and great sense of humor
- DVM/VMD or equivalent degree
- Residency trained in veterinary cardiology, with board eligibility or certification
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to form and maintain strong collaborative relationships with primary care veterinarians and specialists
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement
- Ability to work well within a diverse team
What makes CVCA special?
There are so many reasons! Let’s start here: our large, single-specialty model means you can define your individualized cardiologist career that fits with where and how you want to live your personal best life.
Here are a few of the other reasons why CVCA is so special:
- Compassion and Respect: Our team members and cardiologists make us great, and we know it!
- Employee Recognition and Appreciation Excellent Retention: residents, cardiologists, technical and administrative team.
- Outstanding Reputation: 99.9% of clients would recommend us to friends and family.
Focus on Cardiology
- We are run by and for our own CVCA team. Your voice, opinions, and ideas are of utmost importance in our continued improvement.
Quality Work-Life Balance
- Four (4) day (or less) work weeks, with weekends, evenings, and holidays off.
- Flexible scheduling.
- Infrequent on call (phone support only) - max of 1 week per year, no holidays!
- Ample vacation time and coverage so you can truly be gone and relax!
Personal and Professional Growth
- Gain diverse practice experiences, working alongside cardiologists with varying backgrounds. Join an active and growing organization: over 33,000 visits/year, 23 cardiologists, 8 residents, 14 locations (and counting!)
- Collaborate with colleagues as part of progressive care, including other cardiologists, residents, other veterinary specialists and primary care veterinarians.
- Experience in interventional procedures, if you choose to.
- Mentor and train cardiologist residents, if interested.
- Expertise developed using cardiologist-selected, state-of-the-art equipment, systems and processes.
- Volunteer in your local community
Industry Leading Compensation and Benefits Package:
- Compensation well above industry standards, including high-production base salary and related compensation.
- Equity and stock purchase opportunities
- Generous and competitive Signing Bonus available.
- Generous Relocation Bonus available.
- Comprehensive Health Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA),
- Long-Term Disability
- 401K Retirement Matching
- Life Insurance
- Continuing Education
- Professional Allowance
- ...and more!
What our team members say:
“I love working with a colleague on a regular basis. Having a group of cardiologists to discuss cases with is an enormous benefit of working for CVCA.”
“I feel respected by all my coworkers and our administrative team. CVCA treats their employees with respect and makes everyone feel important.”
“I am happy to be part of a team where every member's voice is heard, where we take time to evaluate how we can improve our company and offices through regular meetings, and where we do our best to maintain a positive attitude throughout the day. “
"From a resident's standpoint, I like that with all our doctors involved, I have such a wealth of knowledge and experience available, which creates a diverse learning environment. Having a mentor is good for consistency, but also experiencing the different styles and opinions of the other doctors really helps with the process as a whole, and has helped me to be incredibly successful."
Who We Are
CVCA’s humble beginnings started as a single location in a strip mall in 1987. Today we are the nation’s largest veterinary cardiologist group in 14 locations (and growing!) with 23 board-certified cardiologists and eight residents. We work with each doctor to ensure their success, encourage collaboration, and seek new ideas from outside and within to improve the company.
Culture and Work Environment. Our culture is unsurpassed in the veterinary industry. Every member of CVCA is committed to offering optimal patient care and superior service to our referring veterinarians and associated departments. Our focus is on excellence, continuous improvement, and fun. CVCA is a values-driven organization committed to an exceptional work environment with all team members dedicated to personal and organizational development. Our exceptional culture has allowed us to retain all of our doctors throughout our long history.
Collaborative, Expert Care. Our team approach to complicated cases allows for ample time off to support interests outside of veterinary medicine. CVCA is an ACVIM-approved residency training program. We strive to maintain academic standards with weekly journal and case rounds; as well as didactic instruction of our residents. All 14 CVCA sites are located within a multidisciplinary specialty and emergency practice, allowing for collaborative and optimal care of patients. The expertise of our cardiologists is supported by Philips Epiq CVX echocardiography units, cath lab, and digital radiography.
Relationships with Referral Community and Clients. With a 30-year history of strong partnerships with primary care veterinarians, CVCA enjoys an exceptional culture of referral. Our clientele is committed to offering the highest level of care to their pets. CVCA actively contributes to our communities through educational programs, volunteer efforts, and support of local organizations. Our leadership and marketing teams partner with each doctor to ensure their success.
Come learn more!
We would love to speak with you more about CVCA. We welcome you to visit our practices to see how we work and live for yourself.
Please contact our CEO, Katie Brooks (email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile phone: 703-283-3650), to learn more. Complete confidentiality is assured.
Learn More About CVCA: http://www.cvcavets.com/careers/
Social media @cvcavets