Are you a passionate and skilled Veterinary Internist looking to make a profound impact on the lives of animals and their families? Are you looking for a family oriented non-corporate work environment with a well-established Internal Medicine service? Look no further! We are seeking a talented and compassionate Veterinary Internist to join our busy specialty hospital located in beautiful Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
At Lancaster Veterinary Specialties, we pride ourselves in offering comprehensive veterinary services including acupuncture, cardiology, internal medicine, oncology, ophthalmology, and surgery. We take pride in our collaborative approach to medicine with a mission of offering comprehensive treatment options while delivering exceptional medical care to our patients, and LVS is renowned for providing just that!
Our hospital is equipped with cutting-edge technology, but what truly sets us apart from other specialty practices is our team of highly skilled veterinary technicians and specialists. Our technicians and specialists are the heart and soul of our practice, always ensuring our patients and clients receive the best possible care and attention. We believe in creating a warm and inclusive environment not only for our clients and their primary care veterinarians but also for our employees where every team member is not just an employee, but an integral part of our “LVS family”. Our doctors and fantastic technicians truly care for, support, respect, and encourage one another as we serve our community. At LVS, we strive to have a more personal touch with our patients and clients, while building long term relationships with the patient’s primary care veterinarian.
As a Veterinary Internist, you will play a vital role in our hospital, providing specialized care to our internal medicine patients. You will work collaboratively with our experienced team of veterinarians, technicians, and your patient’s primary care doctor to deliver comprehensive diagnostics, treatment plans and follow-up care. Your expertise and compassion will make a profound difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
- Perform thorough examinations, diagnostics, and consultations for patients with suspected or unknown disease processes.
- Diagnose and treat complex medical cases in dogs and cats. Perform advanced diagnostic procedures. Collaborate closely with our talented team of veterinary nurses and other specialists to develop comprehensive treatment plans for our patients. Provide expert consultations for our referring veterinarians, fostering a spirit of collaborative learning and growth.
- DVM or VMD degree from an accredited veterinary college. Board certification or eligibility for board certification in veterinary internal medicine (ACVIM or ECVIM). Experience in diagnosing and treating a wide range of complex disease processes in companion animals. Proficiency in performing advanced diagnostic procedures. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with clients, colleagues, and support staff. Ability to manage time efficiently and make sound decisions. Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and staying abreast of the latest developments in veterinary internal medicine.
- Sign-on Bonus. Competitive salary. Quarterly Bonus potential. Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance. 401K Retirement plan (4% match) Generous vacation and paid time off and flexibility with schedule to support a healthy work-life balance and personal well-being.
- Skilled veterinary nurses who are passionate about providing exceptional care to our patients. Experience a close-knit and family-like atmosphere that fosters a positive and supportive work environment. Opportunities for professional development and continuing education to support your growth as a veterinary internist.
If you are a compassionate Veterinary Internist seeking a challenging and rewarding career in a collaborative and family-oriented practice, we would love to hear from you. Take the next step and be a part of this amazing team!
Please submit your resume detailing your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 717-347-0838 to discuss this opportunity further.
Come join our dynamic “LVS family” and help make a difference in the lives of our furry friends and their families.