The Oncology Service (TOS) in Springfield, VA is looking for an additional veterinary medical oncologist to join our team.
TOS has been providing oncology care for companion animals in the Mid-Atlantic area for over 20 years (and in Springfield for the past decade). We currently have three practice locations in Virginia offering medical and radiation oncology. Our team is loyal, caring, and supportive, and strives to provide excellent, compassionate care to our patients and clients. We work in a collaborative environment where ego and judgment stay at the door, respect is shown to all, and we foster a safe place to learn and grow.
Our oncology practice is located within a 24/7/365 Emergency and Specialty hospital with complementary services providing care in emergency/critical care, internal medicine, surgery, neurology, dermatology, cardiology and radioiodine therapy. Our facility has dedicated specialty exam and treatment rooms, MRI, 16-slice Toshiba Aquilion CT scanner, ultrasonography, digital radiography and a full Idexx in-house laboratory.
We are looking for a board-certified or residency trained Oncologist, who shares our team values, and displays:
· A desire to make positive impacts on the lives of people and their pets every single day at work.
· Passion for advancing our field through clinical trials.
· Commitment to maximizing the quality of life of pets.
· Clearly prioritizes the value and depth of the human-animal bond.
· Honesty, integrity, and a desire to have fun.
Highlights about this position:
· The opportunity to collaborate with our team of 5 board-certified oncologists, and access to numerous other specialists within the United Veterinary Care network.
· Direct access to clinical trials through our close relationship with Ethos Discovery and Animal Clinical Investigation.
· Great schedule: 4-day work week with no overnight/weekend hours or emergency in hospital responsibilities.
· Positive team and hospital culture that understands the importance of work-life balance. · Our partnership with Fetch A Cure, a nonprofit who helps provide financial assistance to our clients.
We offer a large compensation package including health and dental insurance, CE allowance, 401K, generous paid time off, and relocation and signing packages. We do not believe in non-compete clauses.
About Springfield: Located within the heart of Fairfax County, we are just a 20 minute drive from Old Town Alexandria and a 30 minute drive from Washington, D.C. Our area is rich in history and has many excellent and varied dining options plus local breweries and wineries. For those interested in the great outdoors, we have a plethora of hiking trails, nature parks, and a nature preserve. Springfield is a few hours from the Mid-Atlantic beaches and the Blue Ridge Mountains. Whether you opt for the city or the country, the beaches or the mountains, there is always fun within your reach.