Specialist Positions – Are you as fiercely independent as we are?
Help us expand our referral team here in Newcastle.
We have flexible positions available for Specialist Veterinarians – especially seeking Specialist Small Animal Surgeon & Specialist Internal Medicine.
The Animal Referral and Emergency Centre (AREC) has been delivering 24/7 emergency care for pets in the Newcastle and Hunter region since 2004. With over 100 qualified staff, our purpose-built facility provides holistic medical care to more than 10,000 pets & their humans every year. Our facility includes triage/consultation rooms, isolation bays, a surgical suite/operating theatre, specialised diagnostic imaging, on-site pharmacy, pathology lab and a dedicated staff lounge for our 24/7 on-site team.
Spoiler alert, we are also in the process of building a brand-new state-of-the-art facility, offering two custom designed surgical theatres, eight triage/consulting rooms, ICU ward, physiotherapy ward, separate exotics ward, specialist diagnostic imaging room including CT scan and ultrasound as well as our isolation bays, feline friendly separate waiting room/ consult room/ and hospital room as well as our full in-house laboratory suite.
AREC prioritises employee, patient and stakeholder wellbeing and are dedicated to professional development and veterinary community education. Our HR learning and development team provide internal continued education opportunities as well as support to seek external opportunities. We have valuable professional relationships with our referral veterinary community and work closely alongside them to collaborate on cases.
Just 2 hours’ drive north of Sydney, Newcastle is perched on the coast in the Hunter Valley wine region and has some of Australia’s best surfing beaches. Newcastle is big enough to have everything you need, without the crazy traffic and hustle of a major city. With breweries, distilleries and vineyards, beaches, bays and rivers, there’s lots to love about this coastal gem where we play hard and eat well.
- A population of over 600,000
- A world-class University
- Australia’s largest regional economy ($47B+ in economic output)
- The John Hunter Hospital is the only trauma centre in NSW outside of the Sydney Metro & is the busiest emergency dept in the state
- The location of the F35 Joint Strike fighter strategic base
- Australia’s oldest wine growing region
AREC are proud of our values and look for these positive characteristics in all applicants:
A job as demanding as yours should be rewarding.
Here’s a glimpse of what we offer Specialist Vets when they join our team.
• Approved visa sponsorship – We take care of the paperwork for you
• Rent-free accommodation to get you started
• Generous relocation allowance
• A flexible, ethical roster that acknowledges you have a life beyond work
• A truly collaborative team approach
• Continuing education allowance & study leave
• State of the art equipment (we’ve got all the toys)
• Professional, registered and highly skilled nurses
• 5 weeks annual leave
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan
• Employee Profit Share Plan
• Mental Health First Aid accreditation (Gold Skilled Workplace Accreditation)
AREC foster diversity and inclusion within the organization to create an environment where all individuals are valued and included.
For a confidential chat, call:
Matt Wann (CEO) 0432 530 256 [International callers +61 432 530 256]
Dr David Tabrett (Managing Director) BVSc MANZCVSc (Small Animal Medicine, Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care) 0439 577 107 [International callers +61 439 577 107]
We would love to find out more about what you’re looking for.
For more information visit arecvet.com.au/careers/