DoveLewis is an AAHA-accredited and VECCS Level 1 emergency and specialty hospital in beautiful Portland, Oregon. We are seeking a team oriented Internal Medicine Specialist interested in expanding an established service. With a brand-new, state-of-the-art specialty building opening in Fall 2024, there will be plenty of opportunity to work with our current Internal Medicine Specialist to influence the direction of the department in its next chapter!
“DoveLewis is a great place to grow! Every DVM we have is welcoming and willing to help. You are never alone when working through cases and caring for your patients.” – Lindsey McGuire, DVM
As an Internal Medicine Specialist, you will work with the other Specialists in developing diagnostic and therapeutic plans for critically ill or hospitalized patients with internal medicine needs. You will manage a diverse caseload of internal medicine cases, including consulting with other specialists, seeing appointments, and transfers. You will act as a role model within and outside of the organization and maintain a positive and respectful attitude. Your day-to-day will include:
What You Can Look Forward to Here:
DoveLewis is a different kind of veterinary hospital. As a non-profit with no private equity or corporate investors, we have built a collaborative community that is dedicated to serving every animal and every person who cares for them. We have funds to help low-income families, lost pets, abused animals, and wildlife. We offer community outreach programs such as our Portland Area Canine Therapy Team and our pet loss support programs.
Taking care of the people who care for animals doesn’t stop with our clients! We have a cutting edge Veterinary Wellness Program run by our in house Licensed Clinical Social Worker designed specifically to take care of you. Some of the way we take care of our staff include:
- Student Loan Repayment Program (qualify in your first month!)
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness qualified employer
- 403(b) Plan with equitable employer contributions for all staff
- Workshops and coaching to help with your financial decisions
- Financial support for professional development
- Generous veterinary discount
- Paid professional dues and memberships
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Holiday pay
- Bereavement leave, including time off for the passing of an animal family member
We have the resources you need to practice the best medicine possible!
- We are a teaching hospital with 6 AAHA-accredited services
- A well-equipped hospital with a dedicated ICU, digital radiography, ultrasound, echocardiography, 1.5 Tesla MRI and 64-slice CT, mechanical ventilator, flexible and rigid endoscopy and otoscopy, on-site blood bank, ability to perform hemodialysis and plasmapheresis, and more!
- Working on cases with our on-site 13+ board-certified veterinary specialists in Critical Care, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Cardiology, Allergy, and Radiology.
- 24/7 on-call surgery availability
- 7-day Criticalist coverage
- Multiple certified specialized services:
- Urgent Care
- Pain Management and Hospice Care
- The ability to focus more on the pet with help from our 200+ teammates including 6+ Veterinary Technician Specialists, and dedicated support staff of well-trained client service representatives, client liaisons, financial coordinators, DVM coordinators, and more.
- Access to one of the industry's most popular veterinary training tools, atDove
- Extensive resources for Continued Education, including free lectures and opportunities to attend conferences, plus on-the-floor training, wet labs, and more.
The PNW Advantage:
With the ocean an hour away to the west and mountains an hour away to the east, Portland is an epicenter for animal lovers like you. We offer:
- Relocation reimbursement
- Efficient public transit and miles of bike lanes
- Plus, we’re doubling our clinical space with our new facility opening in 2024 so there’s plenty of space for you to grow!
- Home to the nation’s largest forested park within city limits and one of the highest rates of dog parks per capita in the US.
- A thriving food scene with everything from fun food cart pods to world class restaurants.
What Are We Looking For?
Whether you’re early on in your career or you’re a seasoned Veterinarian looking to advance yourself somewhere new, we want to connect! We are looking for:
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent from an AVMA-accredited school of veterinary medicine or certification through ECFVG
- Ability to be licensed in the state of Oregon
- Current DACVIM (SAIM) board-certified or board eligible
- An understanding of and passion for a client centered practice.
- (eagerness/ability/understanding rDVM network, educating, cultivating, supporting, expand practice)
Any satisfactory equivalent combination of experience and training may be considered as substitution for the above.
If you are ready for the next chapter of your career to be exciting, collaborative, and serve the animal loving community without any corporate strings attached then DoveLewis is the right place for you! Learn more at dovelewis.org/careers or fill out the online application to get a conversation started.
DoveLewis is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen required.