To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: $180,000 + production
Vancouver Animal Emergency & Referral Centre (VAERC) in British Columbia Canada is welcomi a Board-certified Cardiologist (permanent, full-time) to join our specialty health care team.
At VAERC, we promote the values of a collegial and team based approach to medicine, excellent client service, continuing education and a work/life balance. As a full-service emergency and referral facility, our emergency department treats an exciting and diverse caseload, inspiring lifelong learning and growth. Our Emergency Veterinarians work closely with our Specialty services to deliver the highest standard of medicine.
The ideal candidate must possess a positive personality, strong communication skills, and enjoy interacting with other specialists and emergency doctors. The candidate’s responsibilities will include further advancement of the cardiology department and provide mentoring, training and CE for interns, students and support staff. The candidate should attend CE to remain current in new procedures/treatment options and must participate in daily rounds. The candidate is expected to build strong relationships with clients, referring Veterinarians, staff and the community.
As our ideal Candidate, you have:
- A valid DVM degree or equivalent, enabling practice in Canada
- Candidates must be board-certified ACVIM (Cardiology)
- License in within the province of British Columbia
- Strong leadership skills combined with a positive team player attitude to enable our teams to flourish
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Exemplary customer service that builds loyalty and trust with your clients
- Strong organizational skills which allow you to stay focused and work under pressure
- Language of work: English
- CE opportunities with $3K CE allowance and 5 paid CE days, as well as access to VCA conferences
- Salary $180K
- 4 weeks vacation
- Licensing membership dues paid
- Networking, collaboration and knowledge exchange with other veterinarians within our practices
- Continued investments in new technologies, advanced diagnostics, and modern facilities
- A commitment to give back through initiatives such as Paw it Forward and Pet Pantry
- Active research studies for publication and industry growth
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture of wellness and appreciation you can thrive in!
- RRSP Employer 5 % Match Program – saving for your future just got easier!
- Comprehensive educational resources in our e-university
- Continuing education benefits - we know you love to learn!
- Career and leadership opportunities to continue your career path; medical director, medical advisory board, special projects, and other leadership roles
- MVH Library; 6000 +cases/journals/research and more accessible for our associates anytime/anywhere.
- Immigration support
- Licensing, membership dues, and conference fees
- Referral bonus rewards
We care about your well-being and invest in resources for our associates.
- Flexible scheduling to support a healthy work-life balance
- Paid wellness days
- Employee assistance program
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (tele-medicine) offering quick access to quality care
- Professional liability insurance coverage
- Opportunities to give back in your community through VCA Canada initiatives