CARE Veterinary Center (a Thrive Pet Healthcare hospital) is looking to expand their team by adding additional Veterinary Internal Medicine Specialist to the team!
Join our community of veterinary care providers for the support, tools, and resources to elevate your practice and provide top-notch patient care. We believe in your abilities and are committed to helping you succeed.
Learn more about Care Veterinary Center
Below are some highlights about this team:
- Founded in 2010, CARE has developed a regional reputation for excellence in specialty and emergency care for pets. With an exceptional team of doctors, highly skilled technical staff and positive relationships with our referring veterinarians, CARE has seen tremendous growth in over seven years. CARE offers pets and their families the most progressive treatment options available in a fully equipped facility.
- Our facility is a 24/7, 365-day-a-year hospital with board certified specialists in internal medicine and surgery, diagnostic imaging, cardiology, HBOT treatments, digital radiography, CT scanner and a bustling emergency department.
- Acting in partnership with primary care veterinarians, CARE receives patient referrals from Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia, which garners a robust and diverse caseload. Collaboration is key and we are looking for an Internist who is eager to enthusiastically interact with their colleagues and contribute in continuing to grow our services.
CARE is nestled in the heart of Frederick, Maryland (the second largest city in Maryland), less than one hour from Washington, D.C., and Baltimore. Scenic byways lead to wineries, orchards, ski resorts, and historical sites that our county has to offer. Downtown Frederick is the home to many award-winning restaurants and various specialty shops
Our network of 400 clinics across the country creates an exceptional community of veterinary professionals and resources. Thrive Pet Healthcare derives its power from individuality and interconnectivity. We are proud of our Specialty Directors Board, designed to connect specialists like you across the country for networking, community and mentorship as needed. The Board is just one element of our unique Medical Excellence & Education platform that also includes a Clinical Research Committee, Doctor Mentorship Committee, and more. It is aimed at providing you with the necessary knowledge, tools, and resources to enhance your professional journey.
Provide your best care as a Thrive Pet Healthcare veterinarian.
Our veterinarians form a vast peer network of multi-disciplinary experts who are here to bolster your professional and personal well-being by offering support. When you need to rebalance, you’ll have access to resources and benefits that are meaningful because they’re built around nurturing your mental health. This means taking the time you need with options for flexible scheduling like three to five-day work weeks to fit every phase of your career and life.
Benefits – our care in action
We invest heavily in our teams' growth and development. We nurture an emotionally intelligent workplace and strive to maintain a positive work/life balance. We pride ourselves in creating an environment that meets your specific needs and enhances your quality of life and work.
Some of our benefits include:
- A progressive compensation model that includes competitive base salaries with additional production opportunities. And, no negative accrual.
- A Personal + Professional Package of Paid Time Off
- Paid Vacation time, Parental leave, PURR-rental leave, and bereavement – to grieve both humans and pets.
- Separate paid time to pursue Continuing Education
- Generous Support for Board Study Paid Time
- Mental health and well-being, as we understand the unique challenges that come with veterinary care and offer resources to alleviate them.
- Educational support because knowledge is not only power but also fundamental in your growth and development.
- Impressive Pet Perks – free exams and discounts on products and services at all Thrive locations.
To explore opportunities with us, please review the following job requirements and reach out to us!
Experience & Skills Requirements
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) or equivalent degree required
- State Veterinary Board License and must be in good standing for the state in which they intend to be hired, before their start date.
- Active DEA license or DEA licensure eligible.
- Board Certified Veterinary Internal Medicine Specialist or Residency Trained Veterinarian to join the team.
To learn more about this amazing opportunity, please apply through the link on this page or submit your CV confidentially to Andie Miller at email@example.com. You can also view additional positions at https://careers.thrivepetcare.com/.
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.